Friday, March 29, 2013

Book: The Things They Carried




Very good book, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. There are a lot of underlining meanings which take a while to actually realize.

There are two chapters in the book which are written in 3rd person and not 1st person like the rest of the book, and this threw me off (well the 1st chapter is in 3rd person, so I was expecting the whole book to be that way which is the first part that threw me off) Upon finishing the book, though, I think that reading these two chapters puts the reader into the book; allows them to get to feel what those characters in the book felt.

I must say this is a war novel, well it's a novel that has a lot of Vietnam stories in it, which can at some times can be gruesome. It didn't bother me too much, but I do know others that didn't like the book due to this fact. I thought the writing was still very good and the stories fit well with the message of the book

No comments:

Post a Comment